2016 4-H Presentation Contest Held in Gothenburg
During the past few days 4‑H'ers have been working hard preparing their presentations for Dawson County's 2016 4‑H Presentation Contest.
The contest was held Tuesday, June 28, at the Gothenburg Public School Building. Judge for the event was Elaine Redfern of Holdrege. Emcee was Karla Herrarte of Lexington. Andrea Nisley, UNL Extension Educator, conducted the event.
The Dawson County Bankers presented all the 4‑H contestants with a $10 bill as a bonus for their efforts.
Each year a plaque sponsored by Dawson County Farm Bureau is awarded to the top Home Economics & Agriculture 4‑H Clubs.
The Agriculture plaque went to the Horseshoe Bend 4-H Club. The alternate was Tail Twisters.
Dawson County’s representative in the State Fair Premier Presenter Contest will be Abbie Owens, and the alternate is Saidi Ringenberg.
Representing Dawson County at the State Fair competition will be Carsten Graves, Helene Keiser, Malinda Lo, Abbie Owens, Emma Peterson, Savannah Peterson, Saidi Ringenberg, Sydni Ringenberg, Makenzie Rossell, Greg Treffer and Sarah Treffer.
Purple Ribbon winners were:
- Carsten Graves, GOT – “Rub-a-dub-dub, a chicken in a tub!”
- Helene Keiser, GOT – “Let’s Get Popping”
- Malinda Lo, LX – “Being Bored is “Knot” a Problem”
- Abbie Owens, LX – “It Cracks Me Up”
- Emma Peterson, GOT – “Come And Get It”
- Savannah Peterson, GOT – “QA”
- Saidi Ringenberg, LX – “An Egg-Cellent Start to Your Garden”
- Sydni Ringenberg, LX – “Eat Dessert First”
- Makenzie Rossell, GOT – “A Hairy Situation”
- Sarah Treffer & Greg Treffer – “4-H Facts”
Blue ribbon winners were:
- Abby Allen, LX – “The Top Cake Pops”
- Jordan Lans & Jacob Lans – “Farm Animal Friends”