The Lexington Community Foundation’s Give BIG Lexington campaign generated more than $256,000 in contributions for nonprofits from 2,218 donations. The donation total is up 85% compared to last year's 1,200 donations. All 76 participating organizations received donations and will be included in the incentive matching distribution from the Lexington Community Foundation.
The giving day event was held on Thursday, November 14th, and carried over into Friday, November 15th following giving site problems with the Razoo Global Corporation platform.
Donors contributed to the participating organizations profiled on www.giveBiglexington.razoo.com by either donating online or presenting their donations at the Foundation office. The Lexington Community Foundation provided an incentive match pool of $100,000 that added a proportional share distribution to each contribution made, as well as, $6,000 in bonus grants and golden ticket prizes.
Give Big Lexington makes giving easy. “Give BIG Lexington unites people in the goal of building a stronger community,” said Jackie Berke, Executive Director of the Lexington Community Foundation. “There is certainly power in pulling together as a community.
Gifts this year came from a more diverse and extensive pool of donors. Give BIG Lexington received 223 donations from 47 towns within the State of Nebraska other than Lexington and Johnson Lake and 42 donations from 18 states and one foreign country.
The catalyst driving Give BIG Lexington donations was the challenge match pool of funds. The unique donor challenge and the Golden Ticket drawings added to the prizes available for the day.
We are pleased to present the following report of the Give BIG Lexington's final results:
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED: $256,253
TOTAL DISTRIBUTED TO NONPROFITS: $362,253
TOTAL MATCH POOL: $100,000
BONUS GRANTS: $ 5,000
GOLDEN TICKET PRIZES: $1,000
• # DONATIONS MADE: 2,218
• # DONORS: 1,220+
• # ORGANIZATIONS RECEIVING DONATIONS: 76
• MOST DONATIONS RECEIVED BY A SINGLE ORGANIZATION: 422 (Lexington Fieldhouse / Adult Soccer League).
TOP 5 ORGANIZATIONS (BONUS GRANT CHALLENGE -most unique donors):
1. Lexington Majestic Theater Project 154: $2,500 Bonus Grant.
2. Lexington Area Community Choir 69: $1,500 Bonus Grant.
3. Johnson Lake Trails 67: $1,000 Bonus Grant.
4. Minutemen Fine Arts Association (MFAA) 55.
5. Lexington Volunteer Fire Department 54.
6. Dawson County CASA 47
TOP 5 ORGANIZATIONS (by amount raised):
1. Johnson Lake Trails Fund - $62,398.
2. YMCA of Lexington- $26,474.
3. Majestic Theater Project-$17,691.
4. Club 180 - $11,140.
5. Lexington Volunteer Fire Department - $9,590.
GOLDEN TICKET WINNERS: ($100 to a nonprofit randomly drawn each hour)
1. Nebraskaland Tire - Lexington Area Community Choir.
2. Annette Farnan - Legal Aid of Nebraska.
3. Tami Reynolds - Lexington Area Community Choir.
4. Virginia Raymond - L2 fo kids - Clothing Project.
5. Tim Brayton - Royal Family Kids Camps.
6. Keri Fagot - Lexington Athletic Booster Club.
7. June Oliphant - Johnson Lake Trails.
8. Kagan Seim - Lexington Volunteer Fire Department.
9. John & Donna Soflin - Lexington Rotary Club.
10. Craig & Terri Uden - Operation Santa Claus.